What should I do to increase my chances of getting mortgage

loodles

Hi,
I am looking to move in a few months but at the moment I can only get approx 25k more than my current mortgage. I need 70k to be in a position to buy any form of house in the area I want.
What should I do over the next few months to maximise the loan I can get. I don't really save each month -earn a lot but tend to spend most of it besides what I put into my ssia (max). I can afford to save extra each month the increase that would be in my mortgage (eg if save €300 - this is approx how much my mortgage will go up with extra €70k -will they look at this as I can afford the extra)
I am prepared to spend the next few months saving like mad if I thought it would get me the extra.
I would appreciate any opinions! :D

Um, get a payrise? Snare a well paid partner?! ;)

The bad news is that if interest rates go up again as predicted the amount you can borrow will reduce in line with stress tested criteria.

Sarah

www.rea.ie

Yes - March and then June. Then possibly some more after that - depending on who you listen to.

If you have an existing loan or fixed outgoings of any sort, reducing/eliminating would make a big difference in what you can borrow

try a different lender, or even a broker who would be able to maximise your borrowings.

Make sure the broker deals with most if not all lenders

Back