What shops are open on Friday?

C

coolaboola

This Friday being Good Friday. Does anyone know if the majority of shops will be open on Friday? What time will they open?

Good Friday

I think most are open from at least 10-5 anyway. As previously mentioned on AAM, good Friday is a church holiday, not a public holiday, so many people are required to put in a day's work.....

Re: Good Friday

Dont expect to be able to buy drink except on a train or plane ( & perhaps airport bars )

There should be more days like it

Good Friday

And please tell me that there will be alcohol served in hotels??? Am booked in for a very luxurious night in a lovely hotel and am really looking forward to a nice bottle of wine with dinner.....!!

Perhaps Brown Bagging is allowed in dat der 'otel on Good Fridays ?

Best phone ahead and ask :D

As far as I know if you're a hotel resident (i.e. checked in) then you can get gargle. Otherwise you better buy a few Dutch Gold for consumption in your room.

And please tell me that there will be alcohol served in hotels??? Am booked in for a very luxurious night in a lovely hotel and am really looking forward to a nice bottle of wine with dinner.....!!

Licensed restaurants can serve drink on Good Friday and if your waitress tells you she can't tell her to go bring someone to serve you who isn't Catholic. :)

??

Well you would also have to ask for someone who is not a practicing Baptist, Seventh Day Adventist , Mormon , Mulsim and Hindu.

Abstinence is not distinct to the Roman Catholic.

Further to friday...would anyone know if those furniture shops down in Navan generally open their doors on bank holiday monday?

Back