What laws/regulations apply to a company before recruiting for a redundant post again

B

BRMEADE

I was made redundant from my job on Oct 20 2008 and given ones weeks notice.

As I was two days short of the three month probationary period, I was very few rights, but did manage agree four week wages, instead of the one week offered. Thus, I was employed from July 22 through to 10th November.

My question relates to the laws a company has before advertising the redundant post again.

I am aware that my past employer is now recruiting for the role again and I believe, this is not lawful as there is a six month period, does anyone know the answer?

Re: Redundancy Laws

once genunine redundancy situation existed at the time of your dismissal this is all that is of concern, there is no 6 month limit, demand for your employer's services may have since increased and they are entitled to take on more staff

however as you were employed for less thatn two years yours is not a redundancy situation, you manged to neogtiate a severance payment for yourself but it was not a redundancy situation

Just realised that you are in the UK, this is an Irish site

however as you were employed for less thatn two years yours is not a redundancy situation, you manged to neogtiate a severance payment for yourself but it was not a redundancy situation[/quote]

Card, a redundancy situation can exist regardless of whether you have been employed for less than two years or not. The two year employment clause only applies to whether you will receive a redundancy payment not to whether you were made redundant.

Re: What laws/regulations apply to a company before recruiting for a redundant post a

wouldn't the fact that you were still on probation mean that you have little or no rights to anything anyway. I thought you could be let go at any time if still on probation with no reason given.

Back