What Insurance Do I need

Ballyman

Hi

I am in the process of setting up a consultancy business of sorts. Basically I will be providing temporary staff to an client. They will primarily be working on the clients premises under my companys name. However they will be sole traders and only be on the clients premises under the guise of my company name.
For example, Client approaches me (also a sole trader) and requests 4 temporary staff (sole traders) to work at 40 hr week at his premises for 1 month.
I invoice the client an hourly rate. The 4 temporary sole traders invoice me and I pay them.

So, my question is this. Do I need insurance or is it up to each individual or, as is more likely, do I need to get insurance for them as they will be at the clients site under my company name (sole trader name, whatever) And if so, what kind of insurance do I need and how much does it cost??

Sorry for all the questions but as can be seen above I haven't a clue what I am at!!! :)

you need to meet a broker to discuss as it depends on the type of business you are doing. naturally, if you are involved in testing munitions it would be higher risk than if you are providing clerical staff for routine work!

as well as employer liability cover, you will also need public liability and products liability. You may also require professional indemnity cover for yourself and all your employees.

it is complicated.

Back