What happens when my jobseekers is finished.

A

Anon7

Hi all,

I've been working all my life and recently I lost my job as a result of the recession and have been looking tirelessly since for another job and think I might have a part time job in a few weeks but the pay is only €90.00, but better than nothing right!

I'm currently getting Jobseekers benefit which is due to be finished at the end of this month. I know I can apply for jobseekers allowance once JB is up and that it is means tested. My husband is self employed with work being slow at the minute. So if I start this job getting €90.00 per week and hubby's earnings at the minute he's paying himself €400.00 per week but might have to drop that to €300. Do you think if we're means tested we will get something. Am worried sick about it all. We're getting by at the minute but don't know how we'll manage on €390.00 a week we have mortgage & bills etc. Have read through welfare site and no further forward, it's like speaking to a politician being on that site eg: You never get your question answered and feel more confused after.

Back