What are we watching on TV?

Watched Call the Midwife which was excellent and a big succuss. They've commissioned more episodes but I think it's a few months before they'll be completed. Everyone talking about the comedian who played Nurse Chummy. I never heard of her before, is she famous? :confused:

Started watching this recently, or rather was in the room when the Mrs started watching it. Her mother was a midwife in the East End in the 1950s, so that's her interest.

The actress playing Chummy is Miranda Hart. She became well known about 2 years ago for her comedy series 'Miranda'. Never watched it - I know her from panel programmes, like HIGNY, or that one Jimmy Carr hosts.

Getting towards the end of the most recent series of Sons of Anarchy. 3 episodes left and I sense there's a 'Who shot JR' type cliffhanger coming. Not sure if there's another season in it, or if I have interest in another season.

After that there's The Walking Dead to catch up on, and Justified to get into.

Watched part two of Birdsong from the BBC

Twas ok. I think the ladies will like it more, long lingering shots of Eddie Redmayne.
But the war action was superbly shot

The music was the best part, I have to get a copy of it somewhere.
I rewatched the part where he emerged from the tunnel and meets the Germans just for the music, it's epic as they say

I am absolutely loving Call the Midwife. I'm also enjoying the final series of Desperate Housewives. Otherwise, there's nothing very gripping on at the moment.

I'm loving Borgen.

Am enjoying Birdsong *(loved the book).

Love Masterchef, and really enjoy Come Dine with Me.

I'm looking forward to the next series of My Big Fat Gypsy Wedding.:)

Marion

American Horror Story was pretty decent. Family in haunted house stuff. It got very very stupidly bizarre about halfway through and you could tell the writers had no idea where they were taking this, but they did quickly turn it around and with a large suspension of reality I liked it alot.

Another US show that has taken me by surprise is Grimm. I didn't have any hopes at all for it, but it is light fun and hard not to like. Even though the CGI is just awful, that's easily forgivable. It's kind of Buffy meets Castle. Nothing highbrow, not even anything particuarly new or exciting, but if you like procedural crime dramas and a bit of fantasy, it's enjoyable.

+1 on American Horror Story, +infinity on the (young version of the) maid :D

There's a second series coming as well according to TV.com.

There's a new series starting soon on Sky Atlantic called Luck which has been getting rave reviews in the US apparently

There's a new series starting soon on Sky Atlantic called Luck which has been getting rave reviews in the US apparently

Getting reviews. The quality should be good, with the on camera and behind camera talent involved, but that doesn't always ensure success.

I watched the first episode of Luck last night. I won't be watching any more of it. HBO backed the wrong horse with this one.

Caught "Mrs Brown's Boys" on BBC the other evening; I thought it was great and so did MrsK, even though she would normally not appreciate some of the language.

Going to start into a big project

To watch seasons of ER

I've seen bits and pieces of it over the years but never the full thing

On the third episode of season one now, quality show

George Clooney looks very young I have to say

There was a good 2 part documentary on TV3 recently about a Cork hospice.

The Nurse documentary on RTE thursdays is good, just very short.

Wednesdays BBC 11.05PM have an interesting unexplained death/coroner documentary.

Voice of Ireland. I normally hate this type of show with a passion, but I have to say this series is fantastic. It started off well with the selection process and I think the format now with the battles is great entertainment as well. Big thumbs up to RTE on this one.

Voice of Ireland. I normally hate this type of show with a passion, but I have to say this series is fantastic. It started off well with the selection process and I think the format now with the battles is great entertainment as well. Big thumbs up to RTE on this one.

Hmm

I had an interest on last night's show - we know one of the contestants. I think this show is not about The Voice. The person we know was eliminated last night, despite wiping the floor, vocally, with the one who got through.

Back