What about a campaign to encourage people to pay the Household Charge?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Many of us in older residential estates never see council services yet we are expected to pay estate fees for cutting open spaces that this household charge is supposed to look after. I wounder how many people are paying grass cutting fees in estates that the council have taken over and who are responsible for the upkeep of these areas, on top of the household charge.
My understanding is that they don't cover grass cutting regardless of new or old estate. That's the current state of play in any event. I wouldn't hold your breath in the expectation (should the H.C. ultimately be paid by all and sundry) of this policy changing any time soon.

The boycott the household charge rally/march is on this Saturday .
Based on the amount of people objecting to this charge,there should be at least 75/100 thousand in attendance..;)

The boycott the household charge rally/march is on this Saturday .
Based on the amount of people objecting to this charge,there should be at least 75/100 thousand in attendance..;)

I wonder how many people would march in a Encouragement to pay march?

When I see the council doing service work in my estate, then I will consider paying it. Also I am discontinuing the estate fee as it clearly states on the household charge website that this charge covers "open spaces".

Same argument used in my estate to not pay fees - no services not paying.

How will you ever get these services without paying? Bit of a catch 22 there.

Same argument used in my estate to not pay fees - no services not paying.

How will you ever get these services without paying? Bit of a catch 22 there.

There is no new money even if there is 100% compliance.

This only replaces a drop in funds from central government funds.

Why? All you need to do to object is to not pay.
If thats the case why organise a march at all?
There have been so many TDs /groups/facebook pages/people ranting about it ,that now is there chance to show how much not paying means to them,by supporting the march..
It is not true to say all you need to do to object is not pay,there are many many reasons why people wont pay on time..I dont pay my TV licence on time,doesnt mean I object to it..
Either way apparently its not enough to not pay;

[broken link removed]
By standing together we can win!
With just a few weeks to go it is vital we all stand together. Imagine the powerful message that will be sent, if on 31st March hundreds of thousands and possibly even a million households said ‘We’re not registering and we’re not paying the household tax’!

And a reminder that this doesnt end on March 31st,those who wish to pay can still do so ..
Let’s keep the pressure on. This is your campaign.
Come to the National Rally Against the Household Tax at 1pm on Saturday 24th March in the National Stadium, South Circular Road, Dublin 8.
Then on Saturday 31st March the Campaign will protest at the Fine Gael Ard Fheis being held at the National Convention Centre, Dublin.
So lets see how much this means to the the million alleged non payers..

Originally Posted by truthseeker
Why? All you need to do to object is to not pay.
There you go... YOU are protesting by not paying,not everyone who hasnt paid yet is of the same stance..If that were the case there would obviously be no need for a march..
And there I was thinking this particular thread was about a "campaign to encourage people to pay the household charge"..

Last edited:
I think it is time for this thread to be shutdown.

The conversation is gone way off the original topic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back