Walkinstown???

BobbySands

What's walkinstown like to live in? Is it rough and hard to get to from the city.
If it's rough and you know of any estates/parks to avoid can you let me know.

thanks.

I've never actually lived there but have always liked it because of childhood spent with cousins who did. What part in particular are you thinking of?

Occasionally drive through there in the mornings and notice a lot of people waiting at bus stops so not so sure about the bus service.

It's a lovely area IMHO - lots of decent three beds, nice green areas in front of roads such as Thomas Moore Road, Stamford Green etc. In fact I think it's undervalued - I'd see it as much nicer than other Dublin 12 areas such as Crumlin or Drimnagh. Good shopping facilities - Superquinn on the Walkinstown Road at one end and the Ashleaf at the other. Lots of schools, with St Pauls, the Assumption and Drimnagh Castle being the better known ones. In terms of rough areas - no worse than anywhere else and probably a lot better than some of the surrounding suburbs ie Crumlin, Tallaght. The drawback would be the bus service - the Luas is too far away to walk and most of the buses come down from Tallaght so they're often pretty full when they get to Walkinstown. I think the nicest area is around the library - Dowland Road etc. It is quite far out from town, so if you're young free and single factor that in, but if you're looking from a family perspective it could be very suitable.

Greenhills and Greenpark in Dublin 12, are very nice areas, however the house prices well exceed the 430k (starting price). A house in greenhills recently sold for 460k. The area is very nice and safe.

A house on the Limekiln Road - facing the park (tymon) is currently starting off at 425. I wouldn't pay that for Limekiln. Im not sure if they were corporation houses?

Amazingly on the same road (limekiln, there is a house on the Myhome.ie site which is in the high 600k mark - they have put the address as Limekiln road, Terenure, D. 12. This is a different home of course, and not part of the limekiln estate. However its 5 mins walk down the road!!

Greenhills has two bus stops 15a / 19a that both go to town. Reliable service.

Walkinstown is a great location to travel from, buses, and it does not take long to get to town by car!!

I agree with all sulo has said - however I was thinking more about what I'd consider 'old Walkinstown' ie around Superquinn, the 'musical roads' area, Hughes Road etc etc where I think you can still get a house for E400 but I'm open to correction! I always considered Walkinstown stopped at Limekiln and I certainly woudn't say Tymon is in Walkinstown but who knows what EAs say these days!! In terms of buses I was thinking of the 77s and 50 that go from Tallaght, via the Walkinstown roundabout, into town.

Walkinstown is indeed a lovely area, the parts that I have seen of it anyway. my boyfriend rents a house on Walkinstown Avenue, and its a lovely road. 10 mins walk from the Luas Read Line, both 56A (ok) and 77 (very good) buses leave from this road - the 77 being a lot more frequent. LIDL has opened up this road also and its within walking distance of Superquinn also. The house next door is for sale @ 360K (has been newly built between 2 existing houses. From what I've seen thru the windows, theres a lovely bright big kitchen, sitting room is on the small side and a decent back garden. The EA is Maher Gleeson, i reckon it would be a good buy.

Back