VW TROC - parts not available

suicra05

I have a 2.5 year old VW-TROC. There is now an issue with the start/stop button on the car. It is faulty and not working properly which results in the starting and stopping of the car very problematic. The car has been become very unreliable. The car is under warranty and I have had it assessed by the dealer. The problem is the dealer cannot get the part from VW. Seemly the part is unavailable due to the Ukraine crisis. My information is that VW are trying to source a new factory for the part.
This I assume is going to take a long time. I have asked the dealer for a replacement car and they say it is unavailable. What are my rights here? What is the best thing for me to do? Any advice would be appreciated.

VW had a number of factories/suppliers in Ukraine making parts and components so there may be some truth in what he is saying in that respect

VW had a number of factories/suppliers in Ukraine making parts and components so there may be some truth in what he is saying in that respect
And by the same measure if VW is still producing this car, then someone in VW is spinning a Jackanory re the lack of parts

Suicra05, have you asked the dealership if the part can be repaired??

Not the same thing but in late 21 I dropped my car in for a service before driving down to Spain
There was an ABS light on the dash and the dealer informed me even with out looking at it that it was probably because a fox had chewed through the cables and would require a new part at a cost of €300
When I collected the car the service manager with a smile on his face informed me he had saved me a couple of hundred euro as because they couldn't source the part in the near future so they decided to repair it instead

Back