Volvo s40 car is it any good?

Thanks RS2K
The technical spec on the 1.6D states 4.3 l/100km Extra urban which is a healthy 65mpg! Nothing wrong with that!

The 1.6D does not seem to be available across the water so importing a second hand one seems a non-runner:(

Still think I would go for the V40; boot in the S40 looks awkward!

Just put an order in for a 1.8 Flexifuel S40. Great Spec (SE) Cream Leather Cruise, Climate , IPOD connection to music system, winter pack (heated seats, headlight washers etc). all for 29k on the road. Can't argue with that (or should I?)

Flexifuel is a good idea even if you only ever run it on 95 u/l. The VRT savings are sizeable.

Good luck with it.

Hi Folks
Is there a link on the site outlining how you can go about importing a car from the UK. Can't find it.
My son is looking to buy his first car and has free travel to the Uk via ferry so I think this would be worth his while. Anyone have any names of garages to contact near Holyhead - Chester, Manchester. He is thinking of buying a Toyota Yaris or Corolla. Is there a website that provides approx. prices for these in the UK.
Thanks

Try http://www.autotrader.co.uk/ where you can specify a post code and if you register one of the options is "within X miles". You can also specify "trade only" as I doubt you'd want to buy privately. Also, try the Toyota UK web site: most manufacturers have approved used cars listed, though they tend to be more expensive.

Back