Voluntary Redundancy- Not Chosen - right to appeal?

jpeast

My OH is currently employed with Large Multinational.
Couple of weeks ago were asked would they be interested in taking Voluntary Redundancy. They said yes of course.
After 2 weeks they were provided with figures on what the exit payment would be. At no time had the company advised on numbers that would be affected or conditions on choosing people.
My OH presumed they would get it as they had had submitted their name well before deadline & they have been in the company for over 16yrs.
They were told that they did not get this on Saturday. I’ve heard of people successfully appealing not being chosen.

Just wondered does anyone here have any experience of this, any pointers??

What is the issue?

If they won't pay her, but she wants to leave, let her hand in her notice in the usual way.

Brendan

Any appeal is based on the internal rules and the ongoing requirements of the company. The redundancy option is voluntary and the company are perfectly entitled to select those whom they believe they no longer have employment for to the package. This can result in some poorer performers getting the package and good workers being refused. However, there is no way around this other than to make a case to the employer!

Many thanks for the responses.

I have spoken to someone who successfully argued their case previously and obtained their redundacy.

My question to the forum was had anyone else succesfully appealed.

Back