Volkswagen Beetle/MX5/Toyota Celica etc.

Thanks 1234. I will also be considering insurance groups when deciding which car to buy. The boot and storage capacity in the MX5 is a negative when it comes to the all-important shopping bags!

Thanks 1234. I will also be considering insurance groups when deciding which car to buy. The boot and storage capacity in the MX5 is a negative when it comes to the all-important shopping bags!

Forget about the mini as well so. Smallest boot in the world!!!

You have a front passenger seat for shopping as well y'know ;)

Dare I mention it, but the Hyundai Coupe. Later ones nice looking, some with leather, 4 seats and a boot.

Oh, and good value too.

I would suggest the TT (see my name ......), but I'd have to be honest and say that I've had 2, and they are really, really nice. But they do love garages, and statistically, they have poor reliablity. Correction: in reality the DO have poor reliability. I would put all A4's/A3's etc in the same box. Fact: car failed NCT at 43k miles with worn front suspension. Fact: car was recalled 3 times for various things. Fact: Electrics, like ALL German products, are suspect. Up there with italian. Hold on, electrics in the TT are by Magneti Marelli in Italy............aaaah.

FWIW, I have a 1990 MX-5, which I've owned for 9 years. Faultless is the only word to describe it. The 2 TT's are gone, and the 911, but MX has outlasted & outvalued them. It hasn't seen the inside of a garage yet, either.

Back