Visa for traveling to Philippines

paddyjnr

Hi I'm traveling to the Philippines for a total of 57 days, which I have booked a return ticket for.
I Know I don't need one for 30 day stay which is how long I stayed last year.
Am I required to get an extended stay visa here before I go or can I get it at the airport in the Philippines when I land ?
Thanks

I went to Vietnam a few weeks ago. You can only get a 30 day visa, but I wanted to go for 6 weeks. I just got the Visa, over stayed and then paid a fine for overstaying on the way out. No one will say anything about it until you try to leave. Then when you try to leave from Phillipenes back to Ireland, they will pull you aside, tell you you have over stayed (have an excuse ready) and tell you the only way to leave that day is to pay a fine. Think I paid about 150 quid for over staying by two weeks. Done the same thing about ten years ago.

However, as you are over staying by twice the amount of time I did, maybe they will take it a little more serious. Google it, there's a lot of info on it. I know loads of people done the same thing I did, it's practically the norm.

I went to Vietnam a few weeks ago. You can only get a 30 day visa, but I wanted to go for 6 weeks. I just got the Visa, over stayed and then paid a fine for overstaying on the way out. No one will say anything about it until you try to leave. Then when you try to leave from Phillipenes back to Ireland, they will pull you aside, tell you you have over stayed (have an excuse ready) and tell you the only way to leave that day is to pay a fine. Think I paid about 150 quid for over staying by two weeks. Done the same thing about ten years ago.

However, as you are over staying by twice the amount of time I did, maybe they will take it a little more serious. Google it, there's a lot of info on it. I know loads of people done the same thing I did, it's practically the norm.
Thank you always learning, but I seem to be going down rabbit holes with Google, what I suppose I really mean is to make things easier is.
Can I get into the country first of all with my return ticket 57 days later? I can apply while there for an extension.

There is probably a tourist visa you can and should get.
If it is work related, they should deal with this for you.
A fine for stayimg beyond your visa may attract a future visit ban and could influence visa award for other countries.

You can renew your visa at any immigration office nationwide.
What part of the Philippines are you heading for ?

Can't you get the required visa here?
I filled the online one in and when I requested an update, they told me I need to print off a document,
fill it in, get a notary of public to sign and attach relevant documents of all sorts, a 26 pound postal order with a prepaid registered letter.
I'm finding it difficult understanding what I have to fill in. There is a section looking for accreditation number and authorized representative on visa application form.

There is probably a tourist visa you can and should get.
If it is work related, they should deal with this for you.
A fine for stayimg beyond your visa may attract a future visit ban and could influence visa award for other countries.
Yes I'd prefer to play it safe over there. It's just a tourist visa I'm looking for but I heard on a YouTube video that once you land you can go straight to immigration in the airport and pay for the visa. But I haven't seen it anywhere else.

Thank you always learning, but I seem to be going down rabbit holes with Google, what I suppose I really mean is to make things easier is.
Can I get into the country first of all with my return ticket 57 days later? I can apply while there for an extension.
Yeah you can enter the country no problem, it's on the way out they will fine you if you haven't renewed or extended your visa while you are over there.

Yeah you can enter the country no problem, it's on the way out they will fine you if you haven't renewed or extended your visa while you are over there.
Thanks so much, that's what I need to know, is this 100% correct? Finding it hard to get a solid answer anywhere, but this would suit me a lot better if I can sort it out while I'm there.

I thought if you didn't have your 30day return flight ticket, that they could refuse you entry.

Yes,just make a simple visit too immigration office and you’ll be sorted for under 3000php.

You could be in and out in 30mins.
Just don’t let the visa lapse and you’ll be fine.
Btw - few massive typhoons at the min as typhoon season has started early.

Money wise you won’t get better rates than current rate so grab a bargain and buy pesos now if you can.

Back