Best Buy Virus Protection Software

mathepac

Browsing through the bargain basement bin in a local LIDL I found a copy of Norton Security DeLuxe reduced to €3.49.

Inside is a 25 character activation key to be used on their website with your email address and the usual registration details including credit card number for renewal after 12 month's elapsed time.

The key allows you to protect up to 5 devices, Mac, PC, phone, or tablet with their software for 12-months for a single subscription.

I couldn't get my debit card to work and reverted to using PayPal to register, the only glitch in the process. They promise advance notification rather than auto-renewal at the full price on the anniversary date. We'll see how it goes.

Last edited:
Browsing through the bargain basement bin in a local LIDL I found a copy of Norton Security DeLuxe reduced to €3.49.

Inside is a 25 character activation key to be used on their website with your email address and the usual registration details including credit card number for renewal after 12 month's elapsed time.

The key allows you to protect up to 5 devices, Mac, PC, phone, or tablet with their software for 12-months for a single subscription.

I couldn't get my debit card to work and reverted to using PayPal to register, the only glitch in the process. They promise advance notification rather than auto-renewal at the full price on the anniversary date. We'll see how it goes.
In my opinion, if you're running Windows 10, you don't need any antivirus beyond making sure that windows defender is running.

Most antivirus software acts like a virus. i.e. Running in the background, and slowing things down.

Have to say I used to have McAfee, Norton and AVG back in the day but since windows 10 went live I've just been using Defender without any issues.
Having said that I'm the only person who uses my computer, so I've a fair idea about the content that I view and receive on my computer
but if there was other people accessing/using my computer I probably would have a second line of defence like Norton

I don't run Windoze and had been running a variety of other protections from time-to-time. The rare detections they found seemed to be some form of ".exe" files, Windoze executables. Initial scans with the new Norton found nothing scary on the Macs, iPad or iPhone. Nice to have a single product to look after all the devices.

Back