Health Insurance VHI Renewal PMI 26 12

margaret1

Hi,

Our Health Insurance is due for renewal, I am currently with VHI on PMI 26 12 €1177.78. The kids are on Nurses Plan Select which is still half price €149.48. I have checked HIA website which is fabulous but mind boggling also. I may change the kids to One Plan Family as it may be a slightly better policy and approx €139. However, I have no idea what policy to go for myself as PMI 26 12 hospital cover is getting reduced year by year and perhaps not such a good policy any more for the premium. I don't necessarily have to stay with VHI but the kids value is pretty good and I don't think they can stay without a linked adult policy, or perhaps I should consider changing the kids also to another insurer. Any advice snowyb is really appreciated.

Hi margaret1,

Children can stay with VHI on their own, an adult can be named on the policy but only the children are insured.
One Plan Family - 139pa or Parents and Kids Excess 143pa are better options to consider for the kids.
[broken link removed]

I don't know how many children you have, I'm wondering if Laya's offer at the moment would be of benefit to your situation.
The offer covers 7 plans, whereby you pay for one child and the rest are free.
Best plan worth considering as follows;
Flex 125 Explore; price 269pa; (this price covers all kids); public, private and hi-tech hospitals covered. 125 private excess.
[broken link removed]

Adult Options
1. Laya Simply Connect; 1063pa; public, private and hi-tech hospitals covered, day to day cover included, max refund 300 per year.
2. VHI One Plan; 1038pa; public, private and hi-tech hospitals covered, 125 private excess, no day to day cover.
3. Laya Simplicity; 1087pa; public, private, and hi-tech hospitals covered, 100 x 2 private excess per year, day to day covered, 100 excess.

[broken link removed]

Regards, Snowyb

Thank you so much snowyb, you are so knowledgeable, extremely helpful and thank you also for the links. I have some decisions to make now.

Back