Vantage - Leopardstown: post from 26-01-2006, 07:57 AM

Hi pdpd,

yes, i signed in May 06 so they were due to complete 36 months from then, which is 3.5 months over deadline. They say its ready for snagging but last friday there still was scaffolding round the entrance etc. I have sought advice from my Solicitor/Barrister.

hi all, i think no one should be bullied into closing this now void contract. i would like to meet other purchasers to discuss issues relating to vantage apartments.

How is it reneging on a contract when the contract stipulates that the apartment should have been delivered 3.5 months ago but it's still under construction today? The developer has failed in their end and thus broken the contract (barring get out clauses which may also be contained therein).

moreover, purchasers had a realisitic expectation that the build would be complete in c. 18 months but the developer apparently got held up on an entirely separate development so did nothing on site for c. 2 years. The final completion date is a final protection for purchasers, not a target date. If the properties in question had been completed in a professional and workmanlike manner a couple of years ago, there wouldnt be a word about all this. Developer has no one to blame but themselves.

moreover, purchasers had a realisitic expectation that the build would be complete in c. 18 months but the developer apparently got held up on an entirely separate development so did nothing on site for c. 2 years. The final completion date is a final protection for purchasers, not a target date. If the properties in question had been completed in a professional and workmanlike manner a couple of years ago, there wouldnt be a word about all this. Developer has no one to blame but themselves.

For many reasons, this is the most interesting thing I have read in weeks. Can it be substantiated by anyone? Did they really disappear....hmmm good faith and implied terms and all that...

I see all your logs, I am in the same position as you. I signed a contract in may 2006 for the purchase of an apartment in
the Vantage development. I paid a deposit of €30k. my circumstances have changed completely in the past 3 years and the
mortgage company will not provide finance. I am presently being pressurised to snag the apartment. there is still scaffolding
up around the outside of the building and the rest of the site is a building site.
I would be interested in meeting everyone involved and others in a similar situation
if you are not interested in a meeting please contact me any way so we can share experience and advice.

I see all your logs, I am in the same position as you. I signed a contract in may 2006 for the purchase of an apartment in
the Vantage development. I paid a deposit of €30k. my circumstances have changed completely in the past 3 years and the
mortgage company will not provide finance. I am presently being pressurised to snag the apartment. there is still scaffolding
up around the outside of the building and the rest of the site is a building site.
I would be interested in meeting everyone involved and others in a similar situation
if you are not interested in a meeting please contact me any way so we can share experience and advice.

Difficulty is the contracts all have a time extension clause built in. Equally, I think that untimely completion only entitles one to sue for damages, not to walk away.

Go down to the site and take photos - these should be date stamped. May be useful when arguing that the complex was not completed in time

you will though agree that wantstoknow has the right to fair protection under the law? Builder for example was also bound by an ogligation to complete the building in a professional and workmanlike manner. It is the builder's failure to do so that is the route cause of this entire situation. We should not loose sight of that fact. The laragan case was interesting in that it highlighted some of the protections that consumers have under the law that may enhance or mitigate the terms included in a specific contract.

you will though agree that wantstoknow has the right to fair protection under the law? Builder for example was also bound by an ogligation to complete the building in a professional and workmanlike manner. It is the builder's failure to do so that is the route cause of this entire situation. We should not loose sight of that fact. The laragan case was interesting in that it highlighted some of the protections that consumers have under the law that may enhance or mitigate the terms included in a specific contract.

I think (from what I'm told) I have to put up with it and if it is a breach of contract, I sue them. Different types of breach entitle to walk away, not the timing of completion from what i'm being told.

you can sue them for breach of contract - they say time was not of the essence (they gave themselves 36 months to complete) their time is up 3/4 months ago. You make "time of the essence" by issuing a completion notice on them. The place is still a building site - there is still scaffolding up on the feature building (vantage central), the front door is blocked and has barriers/fencing around it. They wrote to me to say it was ready for snagging - how could it be when there is not even an entrance door??? I'm sure Health & Safety would have a lot to say about that!!

hey

i am in the same position as many of you in relation to Vantage Central. i was just wondering do you know where the builder got delayed before they started vantage and any idea on when they started the build???

I was just checking this development. The developer is Lalco Limited, who are in as much trouble as one could possibly imagine. I do knoiw a bit about these developers but am unable to place anything in writing as I coulkd be had for libel. However I will say that any perspective purchaser better get together with others to fight your case which en mass could well be the best possible route forward.

Well there's no secrets put on so far. Plenty of content on other web sites though.

any completions in vantage east yet?if so whatwas reduction in price?

Hey
just wondering
has anybody heard from Lalco once they got there completion notice?? Has anybody been put under pressure by Lalco to complete?

Hi,
Yeah lalco have sent me a snotty 2nd letter of completion. My solicitor is sending
a

Dundee - did you send them a response to the first?

we have only received the first so far!

has anyone completed phase 1 or phase 2 of Vantage

Hi all, Has anyone completed phase one or phase two of Vantage. If so I would be obliged if they would contact me. Thank You.
Fabio

Back