Up to 15 banks face tracker scandal rap

Discussion in 'Central Bank tracker review' started by mister32, Mar 19, 2017 at 1:47 PM.

1. mister32

mister32 Frequent Poster

2. Niall Morris

Niall Morris Registered User

It would have been useful if the 'scenarios' had been briefly outlined in this article but they are not

SaySomething and mister32 like this.
  3. Stitcher

Stitcher Registered User

I am waiting to find out if my "discounted tracker" is one of the scenarios. I got what i thought was a 0.8% tracker from ptsb in 2008 which was "discounted for a year to 0.6% " only to find the follow on rate went to 2.75%. The FO did not find in my favour but i complained to ptsb and my case is part of the review process. I have been told i may get a response by June (the initial Feb date has since been pushed out to June).

4. peemac

peemac Frequent Poster

Good to see that an update is due this week from central bank.

5. mister32

mister32 Frequent Poster

That list of scenarios would be as good as the central bank guidelines!

6. Leighlinboy

Leighlinboy Frequent Poster

Let me guess "we expect all lenders to have begun process of contacting impacted customers by mid 2017" - The End
    That is an incredible amount of scenarios ?!
    Would be great to get the report on each lender

7. SaySomething

SaySomething Frequent Poster

It's going to be more like "We expect all lenders to have completed their initial reviews and to have contacted those impacted customers by mid 2017" @Leighlinboy "at this point reinstatement will be complete, whereupon redress and compensation offers to their respective customers will run on until the end of 2017. Allowing for customers who access the appeals process, we expect the substantial portion of the tracker review to be completed by the end of 2018."

8. EbsLoannotrafor

EbsLoannotrafor New Member

Are you joking ? This is a scandal , do we nog have rights as consumers from an eu perspective not to be treated like this , is there a case for being this to eu parliament ?

SirMille likes this.
  9. mister32

mister32 Frequent Poster

10. SirMille

SirMille Registered User

That site requires registration, so please do not link to it unless you are going to summarise the contents.

11. mister32

mister32 Frequent Poster

Without registration it's possible to see a good portion of the article

The key point is

SirMille likes this.
  12. odyssey06

odyssey06 Frequent Poster

I think the boards of the banks will be quaking on the golf courses right now at the thought of a 'rap' from the Central Bank...
    "Now listen chaps, this isn't quite cricket, don't do it again."

SirMille likes this.