Unemployment benefit/assistance

Gatekeeper

Hi All

,Hopefully I am posting in the right section. My son is 24 years of age and has worked for his present employer since 18th August 2014. He has worked In Ireland since he was 18 years except for 2 very short periods of time when he was on unemployment benefit and unemployment assistance. His employer was issued with a tax certificate on a week 1, month 1 basis and only received a cumulative tax certificate today so he has paid a lot of tax, USC etc. It is most likely that his employer will have to let him go at the end of this month so will his employer or the tax office issue him with a tax, USC etc. refund? Will it make a difference if his employer lets him go or if he leaves work of his own volition? My husband's net pay for a 3 day week is 340euro and he gets 58euro from social welfare. I get a disability payment of 231euro per week. Hopefully my son will find work again soon bit I am just wondering what the position is if he has no work at the end of this month. Many thanks for any advice.

Back