UFH and retaining existing wooden floor?

MAJJ

Background info.....
Hi Folks, thanks for taking the time to read. I'm buying my first home it's about 30 years old and has the original wooden floors downstairs but these are still covered so I don't fully know the conditon. At the very least we would like to sand/varnish these floors for the entire ground floor - I have a carpenter friend who can advise/assist.

The real issue is I would love UFH and am only starting to look at the options. Have searched the forums and saw a lot of great advice largely pertaining to installing a new floor whether it be wood or tiles.

Question/issue......
However, if I want to retain the existing wooden floor and install UFH does this make sense both financially and practically i.e is this a non starter, just plain silly or could this have some merit. BTW - the reason for retaining the existing wooden floor is mainly financial.

Thanks in advance:)

Update : the answer was that the entire wooden floor would need to come up as the UFH requires a new concrete flooring. When taking these floors up it would be impractical to reuse them due to the likelihood of damage during lifting them.

Back