UB refuse to give my tracker back...help!

corktim

Hello all,

I have read some of the threads on here and i seem to be in a similar situation.

Had a tracker in 2006, fixed for 2yrs and not offered one back in Aug 2008 even before they were discontinued. I have written to UB and they said i signed a "Tracker Removal Letter" which is untrue as the offer of a tracker was still made when i fixed & was also on my original letter of offer.

I am outside the 6yrs to raise a complaint but how could i complain about something that i was only recently made aware of? I am going to write to the Ombudsman asking them to still look into my complaint but any advice here is welcome. If anyone has been sucessful here could you PM your FSO case number so i can show a precedent?

I cant afford to fight this in the courts and the banks variable rate is killing me.

Thanks in advance.

Tim

My advice would be to use the ombudsman as a final resort. I fought the system without the ombudsman as stated here...push push and push some more, if you feel you're correct. I'd start off by getting them to send you a copy of the 'tracker removal letter' and take it from there.

I had the same issue with a buy to let Ulster Bank mortgage, had tracker "for the lifetime of the mortgage", fixed twice between 2007-2010 and was put back on a variable rate following the expiration of both fixed terms. I was within the 6 year limit when I discovered the issue (only just) but I elected to seek proper advice from a professional on getting my tracker back. I used Paraic Kissane (goes by the name of PadKiss here). I was successful in getting my tracker restored and all over payments were refunded to me, the whole process took 5 months with no involvement with the Ombudsman. Obviously there's professional fees to be paid for this but I wasn't willing to run the risk of the Ombudsman ruling against me, as he's done in some cases.

Back