Tui holidays.

joer

We used TUI for the first time last week and it was very enjoyable. Very easy to deal with. Everything very punctual, flights and transfers and their choice of Hotel , in our case , excellent.
We went to Tenerife and stayed in the Guayarmina Princess Hotel.

Glad you enjoyed your holiday - but not sure why you posted that on Askaboutmoney?

When we priced it ourselves there was a noticeable difference. We liked that transfers were included and it was hassle free.
The fact that we had such a good holiday I thought giving TUI a good recommendation and it might be helpful to others..

Was the accommodation package B&B or half board. Was there an all inclusive option. Good to have a positive recommendation.

Glad you enjoyed your holiday - but not sure why you posted that on Askaboutmoney?
Some do a lot of complaining on AAM regarding treatment by financial institutions, work management, etc. It's good to see somebody with a good experience from a travel company coming on to share the good experience.

We used TUI for the first time last week and it was very enjoyable. Very easy to deal with. Everything very punctual, flights and transfers and their choice of Hotel , in our case , excellent.
We went to Tenerife and stayed in the Guayarmina Princess Hotel.
Curios to see if you priced the flights and apartment separately too see if would have worked out cheaper.

We have used TUI few times (main land Spain, Portugal, Canaries) and always enjoyed their services and resorts. Last year we tried another provider as it was coming cheaper but didn't like it. For comparison, TUI includes 1 checked in bag for all passengers, airport transfer as well as evening entertainment and day activities in family resorts. My estimate is we pay 15-20% additional for the services and assurance they provide.

Curios to see if you priced the flights and apartment separately too see if would have worked out cheaper.
We have rented out our Spanish holiday home over the years and the proof of the pudding is in the eating. The same people used the apartment each year (almost without exception). Most of these people would be from the UK where renting privately (DIY) is more popular. We've had Irish clients also. I would say savings of 15% - 20% as against a package holiday from a Holiday Company would be on the low side. Depending on the amount of people travelling I would suggest privately booked spanish holidays would be 40% (at least) cheaper. I've included the cost of transfers, checked-in-bags etc in my figures.

Note:- I've covered booking rentals in Spain (or anywhere else) in previous posts.

Note for anybody owning a holiday home abroad who wishes to rent it out:- Try not to advertise in Cork where your heart will be broken to smithereens before a penny changes hands. Do yourself a favour and advertise in the UK -Life is too short!

Last edited:
Was the accommodation package B&B or half board. Was there an all inclusive option. Good to have a positive recommendation.
There was half board , all inclusive and Platinum levels. We chose half board and it suited us perfectly..

We priced the flights and hotel separately. There was 400 euro approx. in the difference and we had transfers included. The flights were very expensive at the time.

I was curious so looked it up. For the hotel in the OP, 1 week in May for 2 adults half-board via Tui is €1,750. Booking separately, the hotel is €1,440, flights with a checked bag €663, plus €100 for private transfers brings total to €2,200. So Tui is 20% cheaper.

Note for anybody owning a holiday home abroad who wishes to rent it out:- Try not to advertise in Cork where your heart will be broken to smithereens before a penny changes hands. Do yourself a favour and advertise in the UK -Life is too short!

As a Cork man this makes me extremely proud of my fellow county folks.

Any chance of a link to your ad?

We have used TUI few times (main land Spain, Portugal, Canaries) and always enjoyed their services and resorts. Last year we tried another provider as it was coming cheaper but didn't like it. For comparison, TUI includes 1 checked in bag for all passengers, airport transfer as well as evening entertainment and day activities in family resorts. My estimate is we pay 15-20% additional for the services and assurance they provide.
We used TUI twice in the last two years and were very happy with the service and experience on both occasions. I did notice that this year they have decided to follow Ryanair in charging customers to select seats on the flight so you can sit together. This may be acceptable when booking with Ryanair and paying a fare of €100. When the holiday with TUI costs €1,000 it seems a little petty.

Back