Trying to make a complaint to Aer Lingus....they are having a laugh.

Due to their dire customer service and the fact that they do not give points on their regional flights I have a policy of not using them unless there is no other option. I am a frequent flyer; I take between 40 and 100 flights a year. Aer Lingus are my least favourite airline. I know many other frequent flyers who are of the same opinion.

How very unpatriotic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

These are advertising that they are the new 4 star airline. Yet if you log on to their Facebook page there are constant complaints of bad service.

These are advertising that they are the new 4 star airline. Yet if you log on to their Facebook page there are constant complaints of bad service.

Of course you are right IOM, but Ireland is turning into a nation of incessant moaners about relatively small matters while more serious issues are largely ignored. Ryanair for years got away with not dealing with more serious complaints until suddenly Saint Michael smelled the coffee when he thought that the share price could be improved by just listening. And now we all think that he is Mr Wonderful and suddenly we must forget about the goddawful way he treated his customers for years. We don't know the extent of the real complaints here and as usual we are complaining about the lesser subject.

We don't know the extent of the real complaints here and as usual we are complaining about the lesser subject.
I see you still don't get it Leper. You seem fixated on the reason I was making a complaint to Aer Lingus rather than my actual complaint, which was the way Aer Lingus handled my complaint. You refer to the "lesser subject". There was no lesser subject.

It took about 6 weeks and 7 contacts made through their online system before the matter was resolved.

I am absolutely certain that they wanted me to go away. I ended up posting on their Facebook page in order to get their attention and to deal with the matter. It worked.

Their Facebook page is open to all. When you send an email, it is private so they can fob you off.

http://www.skytraxresearch.com/

I see that Aer Lingus are promoting this award. I wonder if it is a bit like the Q Mark award that companies were tripping over each other to have on their products back in the day. Or the 2, 3, 4 and 5 star Bed & Breakfast award.

I suppose that Aer lingus will not be happy with their 4 star award and will be striving for the 5 stars next.

How very unpatriotic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
I use the Irish airline; Ryan Air. Aer Lingus are a UK airline. I try to buy Irish when I can.
They do what Aer Lingus do only better and have no pretensions about being anything other than a low budget airline.

http://www.skytraxresearch.com/

I see that Aer Lingus are promoting this award. I wonder if it is a bit like the Q Mark award that companies were tripping over each other to have on their products back in the day. Or the 2, 3, 4 and 5 star Bed & Breakfast award.

I suppose that Aer lingus will not be happy with their 4 star award and will be striving for the 5 stars next.
Ah the Q Mark; meaningless and an utter waste of time. Yes, good analogy.

It's a bit unscientific to cite complaints on a Facebook page as a sign of issues at Aer Lingus.

If you want a laugh sometime, read the "Terrible" review on Tripadvisor for somewhere good that you've visited. They tend to say more about the reviewer than the destination.

I see you still don't get it Leper. You seem fixated on the reason I was making a complaint to Aer Lingus rather than my actual complaint, which was the way Aer Lingus handled my complaint. You refer to the "lesser subject". There was no lesser subject.

It took about 6 weeks and 7 contacts made through their online system before the matter was resolved.

I am absolutely certain that they wanted me to go away. I ended up posting on their Facebook page in order to get their attention and to deal with the matter. It worked.

Their Facebook page is open to all. When you send an email, it is private so they can fob you off.

No Laramie, I did not have your dealings with Aer Lingus in mind for my recent post - sorry, if I gave that impression. I was thinking of the greater picture in which many Irish seem to complain on relatively small matters while more serious things which we should complain about go without a word. Furthermore, we as complainants have lost patience and we think we should have a resolution to our gripes within hours. Such is the way we have become.

Then start your own thread, please stop hijacking this one

How Ya! Leo. If I had a worthwhile complaint against any company/person in Ireland, I would contact them directly. I wouldn't be on here moanin' about relatively minor issues. However, thanks for your suggestion, but not this time.

Leper. If you actually bothered to read the opening post you will see that this is exactly what I tried to do. Has it sunk in yet?

I tried to contact them directly.

My complaint was about the way they were handling their "direct" complaints.

However you were fixated on the reason I was making a complaint in the first place.

If I had told you this reason then the thread would have gone off in a completely different direction.

However you were fixated on the reason I was making a complaint in the first place.

If I had told you this reason then the thread would have gone off in a completely different direction.

As an observer, and reading between the lines, your reluctance to disclose the nature of your complaint implies to me that it is frivolous in nature.

In my view, the complaints procedure is structured the way it is because of the sheer volume of cranks complaining about nothing and giving out about trivial matters.

I'm not an apologist for Aer Lingus, but I have always found them fantastic to deal with. Several years ago, I was "denied boarding" when a stewardess fell ill and the ratios didn't work. I got my €400 compensation after a few weeks without the necessity of ringing them every five minutes or ranting and raving about a basic online form.

Like Leper you still haven't grasped what the thread is about. It's about the difficulties in making a complaint to Aer Lingus.

Several years ago, when you made your complaint, Aer Lingus did not have this online complaint form as it is, in it's format today.

My complaint, unlike yours was not resolved in a few weeks. I wasn't ringing them every 5 minutes. I would have liked to be able to ring them, instead I was directed to their new online complaint form.

That's where the problem is.

Incidentally it was not a frivolous complaint. They paid me compensation in the end plus a medical bill.

As an observer, and reading between the lines, your reluctance to disclose the nature of your complaint implies to me that it is frivolous in nature.
Or personal, or still under review, or waiting for a court case. As well as completely irrelevant to the issue being discussed.

Let's keep this on topic of the current AL complaints procedures. Speculating about the nature of the OP's complaint here is off-topic.

Several years ago, I was "denied boarding" when a stewardess fell ill and the ratios didn't work. I got my €400 compensation after a few weeks without the necessity of ringing them every five minutes or ranting and raving about a basic online form.

Were you able to speak to someone about your issue at that time?

No, I wrote to them.

Speculating about the specific issue may be off-topic, but the seriousness of the issue is absolutely relevant. Why? Because the vast majority of complaints are likely to be frivolous. The process is designed to deal with ALL complaints. And the complaint here seems to be around the "difficulty" and "hassle" of having to put your details on an online form every time you engage with the process. What's wrong with writing to them (i.e. filling in the online form) and then leaving them to deal with it?

Back