Health Insurance Trying to find a better value plan than VHI PMI 3713

Temple

Like others, I am at a loss to understand why restrictions aren't placed on the amount of policies insurance companies are allowed to offer. This together with some sort of order being assigned to how policies are named - so that they might give some indicatation of what is covered.
I am trying to find out if there is a better value plan which offers semi-private in the Mater Private - than PMI3713 offered by VHI.
Snowyb, if you had the time to reply, I would greatly appreciate it - or if anyone else has looked into something similar, and can offer any advice, I would love to hear it.
Many Thanks

Hi Temple,

Welcome to AAM.
VHI alternative plan, slightly cheaper, with similar cover to VHI PMI 3713 as follows;
1. One Plan. Price 1038pa. Similar hospital cover as before, including semi-private Mater Private.

Differences are the private/hi-tech excess 125 per admission or day case( PMI 3713 excess is 100) also private room in a private hospital is
covered with a 50 excess payable per night on PMI 3713, ( private room excess is 300+ per night with One Plan).

[broken link removed]

Alternatives with Laya as follows;
2. Simply Connect; price 999pa, similar hospital cover as before, 150 x 2 max hospital excess, 50 excess day case, day to day cover included max refund 300 per year.
3. Simplicity; price 1044pa, similar hospital cover as before, including full cover for a private room in a private hospital, hospital excess 100 x 2 max, day case 50 excess, day to day cover included 100 excess.

[broken link removed]

Any cheaper Laya alternatives would have a higher hospital excess, 300 per admission or 75 per day case.
4. Control 300 Connect; price 925pa; public, private and hi-tech hospitals covered, 300 excess or 75 day case, limited day to day cover.
5. Control 300 Create; price 937pa; public, private and hi-tech hospitals covered, 300 excess or 75 day case, very good day to day cover included
[broken link removed]

Regards, Snowyb

Thank you so much for that Snowyb, I am actually not new to AAM, but I've forgotten my previous logon details, and for some reason it didn't seem to recognise my e-mail address.
Anyway, I remember you giving me great advice on this thread a couple of years ago.
Thanks Again for all your help

Back