Trying to book an internal flight in the U.S from Ireland

Decani

Can it be done? The likes of eBookers and GoForLess don't have U.S departures (naturally) and if you try to do it from one of the airlines sites direct it looks for US credit card and billing address.

Edit: might just add, it's Boston to the Bahama's return.

You can book internal flights on Travelocity.com. Last year I booked internal US flights from Boston to Detroit and Detroit to New Orleans. I was told there would be an extra fee as I didn't have a US address however they ended up issuing the tickets through travelocity.co.uk so I didn't have to pay the fee. (As far as I remember booking through travelocity.co.uk in the first place would have worked out more expensive).

Not to be pedantic but Boston-Bahamas isn't an internal flight :)

Most Sales restrictions on International Fares have now been lifted - so generally a travel agent / website here should be able to sell you the same fares as a US site like Expedia/Orbitz.

Travelocity can certainly sell tickets for Irish users - I would maybe try them ... also I would assume (but I've never tried) that the American airlines who fly to Dublin such as USAirways/Continental & Delta should allow purchases with Irish Credit cards on their site.

Just booked an internal flight from Miami to Jacksonville with American Airlines over their web page. You simply go into their worldwide site proceed as normal and prior to the payment phase select 'hold'. Once you have held the reservation you phone thier Dublin office and they will complete the payment process. Simple enough really. Pretty cheap too! Incidentally, their Irish webpage will be up and running in July when it will be possible to run through the whole system without the need for a phone call.

I've recently used Travelocity for interenational tickets - far cheaper than airlines websites too! - and the tickets were either going to be posted from US (by Fedex €35) or else issued by an irish travel agent (club travel - costing €40 per ticket i think) - went for the fedex option - tickets were booked on thursday morning -arrived in the office - friday lunchtime - sooo easy, sooo much cheaper

Why not use this site to get the best price and booking class and than call or visit the respective airline online:

beta.itasoftware.com

They usualy get the best prices out of the different systems.

Back