trump for president good/bad for ireland

I see the contest for the Republican nomination has risen to a debate on the size of the Donald's manhood. Puts us to shame with our petty squabbles over water charges.:eek:

I can just imagine the next Irish debate, with the new leader of the Labour party (AK 47) and someone asking Gerry Adam's if his weapon has been decommissioned. !!

I see Trumpy has received a message of support from Jean Marie Le Pen.

It set me thinking about the difference between the two men. Le Pen has been a lifelong Fascist, Trump seems to have been a moderate pro-choice democrat until recently.

maybe when he is the Republican nominee he will change back, though with every passing day I think it is less likely.

any word on who it intends to take as running mate/vice president?
question for any us citizens (only) ,based over here who are republican supporters would you support trump for president seen how is viewed this side of atlantic

I am now convinced that Trump will be the next US President.

Nothing succeeds like success and the Donald fresh from his triumph in Indiana has an aura of success.

He is also a very clever politician. He realises that voters don't care what your policies are, they just look at how you project yourself.

He has just this week declared victory (the presumptive nominee) in the Republican race and already he has moved to cover his most important weakness,(no not as in the painting) his bad image with women.

He cannot attack Hilary directly for being a woman, but he can certainly attack Bill for having a bad attitude to women. From the Guardian again.

"With sustained force, he is using Bill Clinton’s sexual misconduct with women to attack Hillary Clinton as his “”. At a rally in Oregon on Friday night, Trump accused Hillary Clinton of trying to “destroy the lives” of her husband’s accusers. “She was an unbelievably nasty, mean enabler, and what she did to a lot of those women is disgraceful,” he thundered, offering no evidence. He repeated the same charges the next day in Washington state."

Just wait and see what he will say or do to get back in with Hispanic voters.

cremeegg Betfair go 7/2 against the Donald - fill your boots

Also a good bet from paddypower
is 50/1 against the Donald being less than four inches, greater than nine inches is terrible value at 3/1 favourite

Mr Trump has gone way beyond being a joke.
He seems to inhabit a (virtual reality) mindset , devoid of reality.!
His utterances seem destined to attract a few more dismal/disgruntled and dim voters.
Truth is something he avoids .
He worries me and I fear he will launch into the Clintons with such a lying twisted ferocity that will in effect ,make electing either of them seem like a lost President ? and that's not good for USA or us.

Mr Trump has gone way beyond being a joke.
He seems to inhabit a (virtual reality) mindset , devoid of reality.!

Thats your view, but a significant number of Americans, (over 80% of Republican voters in Staten Island) seem to think that, free trade has cost them jobs, that immigration reduces their standard of living, and that the political discourse does not address their lives or talk a language they are comfortable with.

Calling then disgruntled or dim really doesn't cut it.

cremeegg,

I agree with you that my view (doesn,t cut it ) with Trump voters,
but does that mean I am wrong ?
I would hope I am, and that Trump voters are using a fact based reasoning more than a kickback/feeling of malaise over the way things are.
Trumps Populism is bad enough , but add in the lies and vitriol that will be spewed as truth twix now and November and voters might be swayed into a natavist me feiner narrow perspective ;
America is too big to wish that on our World.

I was in NYC the day Obama was elected. I was with my 2 australian aunts and staying in Fitzpatricks Hotel. The barmaid was Irish and we assumed she'd vote democrat. No way right to bear arms was more important. My boyf at time had relations living in maryland..same. on train down...people who didñ't know ireland. My cousin lives in kansaa..trump all the way...

I see Michael Martin goading Henda to say nasty things about The Donald. And Henda rose to the bait. That is not smart on either of their parts. If The Donald wins, Ireland inc. must congratulate him and work with him and lick up to him and, yes, find an eighth cousin somewhere in Leitrim

Yes they should both know better. I thought it was a bit rich of Enda talking about not treating people differently based on their religion, we have blasphemy laws in this country for god's sake (yes I know).

Not only will Trump be elected but he will be seen as a very successful President and be re-elected with a trumping majority.

This because he will roll out a huge program of public works, building roads, bridges, ports, and maybe even the odd wall. This will give great employment opportunities to low skilled workers and they will love him for it.

He will do this because it is the right thing to do, because it is his instinct, he is a developer after all, and because unlike Obama, congress won't be able to stop him.

I see Michael Martin goading Henda to say nasty things about The Donald. And Henda rose to the bait. That is not smart on either of their parts.
I agree. Really stupid of Michael and Henda. I don't expect anything better from Richard Boyd Barmy.

I see Michael Martin goading Henda to say nasty things about The Donald. And Henda rose to the bait. That is not smart on either of their parts. If The Donald wins, Ireland inc. must congratulate him and work with him and lick up to him....

Indeed. Politicians should never say what they believe or ever hold firm to their principles. They should simply do whatever is required to further our own economic self-interest. If they are getting all Holy Joe and feel themselves approaching some mythical line of conscience, then they just move the bloody line. Simples. It is without question that Donald Trump is an obvious force of good and the absolute cheek of some people to question some of his comments. Like on what basis did Leo think it appropriate to accuse him of being misogynistic? Well, not in my name, I say.

David Cameron's comments about Trump were equally obscene.

Dan, no matter who wins in November we are going to have to swallow our moral self rightuousness. The Donald's philandering jars with our catholic inculcation albeit his 'victims' speak most highly of the guy. As to Hillary she is the enabler of the worst type of sleazy groper (and worse), a guy whom incidentally we have tended to lionise.

A Taoiseachs primary duty is to his country and yes that mainly means our economic well being. It would be the height of selfish indulgence for him to criticise the moral standing of the leader of the Western world.

Remember CJH? There was a guy who saw himself as bigger than his country. Alone amongst Western leaders he supported Galtieri against Thatcher over the Falklands. Did wonders for his republican ego but did this country no favours.

Last edited:
A Taoiseachs primary duty is to his country and yes that mainly means our economic well being. It would be the height of selfish indulgence for him to criticise the moral standing of the leader of the Western world.

Dear Luke of Jam - I share your penchant for playing with folks' names. Feel free to replay the compliment! :D:D

Here's the craic - I'd be interested in your bottom line. Do you have one or basically is it ok for Trump to say anything? If you have a bottom line, how fluid be it?

Remember CJH? There was a guy who saw himself as bigger than his country. Alone amongst Western leaders he supported Galtieri against Thatcher over the Falklands. Did wonders for his republican ego but did this country no favours.
CJH did a better job economically than Bertie or Garrett the Good, ego not withstanding.

Back