Travel to Ferry Dublin

roker

I will be travelling from Cork to Dublin port next week to catch the ferry to UK'
Last time I remember following the signs and went up the M50 and back through the tunnel to the port, this was at the expense of 2 tolls that must be booked in advance.
This time I intend going through the city and along the quay, and hopefully I will not have to book any tolls in advance. I cannot pay later because I will be on the ferry. I know that there are 2 tolls between Cork and Dublin.
Any comments please

yes, you can travel stright down the quays to the old Point Depot/3 Arena roundabout. Go left at this roundabout and follow the signs to the port. There are no tolls on this route. The quays can be quite busy at various times during the day, so give yourself plenty of time.

What day are you travelling Roker? If it's a weekend, traffic may not be too bad. During the week it can be quite hectic!

To add to JohnJay's post when you go left at that roundabout, you will meet 2 sets of traffic lights. Go through the first set and keep over right as your approach the 2nd set. You will be turning right to get into the port.

You can pay the toll on the M50 afterwards, on a website or by phone call. No need to pay it in advance. No idea about the other one. If you are filling up for petrol you can also pay it that way.

Thanks all, I cannot easily pay the toll if I am on the ferry and if I remember the tunnel toll can be quite expensive

Hi Roker, if it's a weekend it's 3 euro, but if it's during peak times during the week days it's €10.00

Register for a video account for the M50, you save on each journey and never have to remember to pay, or have the inconvenience of finding a shop that will deal with the payment again. No ongoing fees, so it's a no brainer really.

We did it your way during the summer, getting there fine but coming from ferry to get out city at 2am quiet traffic took nearly an hour, nightmare signposting.

Just in case ... It is the Dublin Marathon on Monday so if you are travelling that day avoid the city centre!

Back