Travel Sickness

Mourinho

Anybody know of worthwhile remedies for Mourinho's curse of getting sea sick when he even looks at a boat?

Im usually grand in a car (once sitting in the front seat) and on airplanes. Put me near a boat or ship and im in trouble within minutes...

Have had a look through the net and apart from "sea-bands" and over the counter medicines (both of which i have tried and dont work) there appears to be no other ideas.

There are a few things you can do to help i.e. dont eat to heavily, dont drink alcohol etc but generally it makes no difference....

Anybody have any thoughts/experience....?

I used to suffer from really bad sea sickness -even if the sea was calm, the slightest movement made me ill. Back seat of a car and plane turbulence have the same effect.

The travel bands were a God send and work for me - I wonder if you're positioning them properly? I recommended them to a few people and their children who were car sick etc. and they've worked for them as well.

Try them again and make sure to position them correctly and hopefully, you'll be able to enjoy your journey!

My daughter is a very bad traveller, even as a child in the car she had a big problem but of late she has found a homeopathic solution and has had numerous ferry trips to Holyhead and the Belfast to Scotland route and while taking "Nelsons nux vom" she has had very pleasant sailings.

The purpose of her visit involved taking dogs with her and they were also given the the preventitive and were not sick.

These tablets do not have the same effect as other travel sickness solutions as they do not make you drowsey.

Was in New Zealand last year and went whale watching and they were selling ginger tablets to prevent motion sickness.

The tablets can be bought in Boots or maybe some other outlets.

My friend uses crystalisied ginger - available in health food shops - finds it quite good.

I've suffered with travel sickness all my life too. I avoid boats and buses at all costs but can manage front seat of the car, trains. Planes are hit and miss and I always make sure there is a sick bag within reach before take off because for a while, Ryanair stopped leaving them out!. I even feel queasy in a lift and normally take the stairs.

I swore nothing worked (tablets, seabands etc) and for years just suffered on but recently I've gone back to taking Kwells and they are definitely providing some relief. So maybe you could try again?

Hope you find something because it can really knock the sheen off looking forward to a trip.

Rebecca

Many thanks to all for all the tips/advice. I think i will give the bands another go as well as all the other suggestions. Like many of you send, it can really take away from tips/holidays.

I dont know many other people who get it that bad so it is interesting to hear a good few others out there with the same problem.

Cheers again.

Back