Trailfinders & South Africa Bookings

IrishGunner

ok went into today to book flights with them to SA for early Feb of next year
went through the whole rigmarole for an hour and came up with decent price with BA

Then when we went to pay the deposit the rep said it had to be paid by 13th sept in full as this is what BA stipulate, not even a month away!!! However if we book accomodation with them for a min of 3 days they can extend it till Dec ?? I said that could not be right & that I would ring BA and check myself Was told they wont give that info out ?

What we want to do is fly to JBoro and come home from Capetown

Any other good travel agents I can check in the Dublin area just to see what they say

We're doing it the other way round in December - flying into Cape Town and out of Joburg. After checking prices at a number of places, I just booked online with KLM. If all you're looking for through the travel agent is flights, it's probably cheaper to book direct with the airline online. The only downside is that you have to pay in full at the time you make the booking.

Its Weird
Rang them this morning to check this out again and complain. Got the flights and its full payment due on the 3rd Dec ??
I told them that we where in last night and one of their reps told us different
We did not get his name but he might have been looking for a bigger commission?? Or is it the old excuse that he was only new here ??
Yeah online can be good but I dont come from Limerick and have not just won the Euro Lotto so instalements is better for us
Looking forward to it now all I need to arrange is accomodation, internal flights, car hire and spending money
The Fun begins.......

If he was looking for a bigger commission, it would appear to have backfired as your booking is now going to be with someone else.
Your best bet for internal flights is probably kahlula. Last time I went across, the exchange rate was better there than it was here. I don't know if that will still be the case.
Have you looked at the recent post about holidaying in South Africa? I don't know to what extent the comments in there might help you. http://www.askaboutmoney.com/showthread.php?t=12351&highlight=south+africa

Back