Trackers other lenders

Gosh

I provided exact wording of original terms

And not one person has commented good bad or indifferent.

I thought at least someone would have a similar tale

What exactly are we looking at? Your letter of offer where it makes no mention of any return to a tracker rate?

You're not looking at it then because what it says is after the fix I will return to same rate as before

To try to explain

I started on 3.5 which as we all know from the introduction is a tracker

Then in 3.2 it says at the end of any fixed rate period the loan will revert to a variable rate interest rate mortgage loan.

(Which is defined in 3.5)

rodger.

What I see from your quote is 1.10% over tracker rate.
So if AIB,s tracker rate is for example 2%
Then yours should be ...................................2% cost of funds + 1.10% over tracker = 3.1%

So am I right in saying that if AIB have charged you more than the above , you have been mistreated.?and AIB have not honoured the contract?

Hey Ger

At the time in 2005 the ecb was 2%

And I was tied to that but at a margin of 1.1%

So it's a regular tracker.

Yes I have been mistreated because they reneged on the terms by putting me in standard variable rate in 2010

I'm surprised more similar Aib customers are not joining in with support.

Regards

...So it's a regular tracker.

Yes I have been mistreated because they reneged on the terms by putting me in standard variable rate in 2010

I'm surprised more similar Aib customers are not joining in with support.

Regards

I'm not entirely clear how a chorus of AIB customers will help your situation.

You say that you've had a complaint with the Ombudsman for a number of years. You really need to put pressure on the Ombudsman. I like your case (on the evidence you've shared here) but I don't think sitting back and waiting for years (while, as you say, speculating on the compensation you might receive) is your best course of action.

I would certainly be inclined to take legal advice at this point to try to speed up the Ombudsman's determination of your complaint.

I am awaiting the ombudsman judgement with some trepidation

I would like to hear how others fared.

Will I then need to go to the high court if ombudsman ruling not favourable

You're correct I'm looking for a chorus of support.

I am trying to raise more awareness because I firmly believe PTSB caved in due to public pressure.

The same should happen at Aib.

And I'm also affected by BOI.

I'm looking for the Aib and BOI redress schemes

Same as PTSB.

And I am looking for compensation

Brian

The BOI case is still in the pipeline.
It is with the ombudsman.

Regards

Back