Toyota Yaris 998 2003 Code PO301

B

busysaver

Started with Code PO301 - cylinder 1 misfire - erased this code - moved Ignition coil from
cylinder 1 to cylinder 2 - did a short test run and got Code PO302 - cylinder 2 misfire
Have replaced Plugs and filters recently. Should I replace coil or are there any other tests
I could carry out - some posts say Iridium plugs are best for this car - would this make a
noticeable difference ? Idling very unevenly. Would MAF sensor need to be cleaned ?

Started with Code PO301 - cylinder 1 misfire - erased this code - moved Ignition coil from
cylinder 1 to cylinder 2 - did a short test run and got Code PO302 - cylinder 2 misfire
Have replaced Plugs and filters recently. Should I replace coil or are there any other tests
I could carry out - some posts say Iridium plugs are best for this car - would this make a
noticeable difference ? Idling very unevenly. Would MAF sensor need to be cleaned ?

Move coil to the third cylinder and see if fault follows it and if so it would seem reasonable to suspect the coil is faulty.

Replace with good coil.

Move coil to the third cylinder and see if fault follows it and if so it would seem reasonable to suspect the coil is faulty.

Replace with good coil.
Thanks SparkRite
when you say good coil do you mean new one ( Micks Garage cheapest ) or Toyota new matching one ?

Thanks SparkRite
when you say good coil do you mean new one ( Micks Garage cheapest ) or Toyota new matching one ?

I mean a known working coil, but yes, preferably a new one.

I have used spurious without any problems.

Back