Timber Frame Costs

sman

I have just received a quote for a timber frame supply and erect of a 2500 sq/ft house. This costs approx 60,000 inc VAT. How much can i expect to have to pay to complete the rest of the work on the house? and how does this compare with a concrete built house. Does timber frame work out a lot cheaper?

Really interested in this myself too as we hope to start building a timber frame house this year too.

century.ie and ijm.ie are good sites to register with. Loads of sample plans and email quotes. Dont give any indicaiton of other costs though

I just picked a sample house from their website so not sure how complicated. Am looking to build a dormer style approx 2500 with 4 bedrooms but do not have specific plans as of yet. Was just wondering if i should look at timber frame or concrete build.

I Contacted century to get a rough idea of overall finished price and was informed that it works out at about 4 times the cost of the original timber frame cost. So yours would work out at about 240k for a basic finish. I did post the question on ask about money and a poster agreed that his worked out roughly about 4 times the amount actually as far as I can recall it was a little less. It really does depend on how complicated the design is.

Back