Think i may have been overcharged on fixed rate

Carol1978

hi all,

I was going through my old files and i was looking through my mortgage paperwork. We have a tracker mortgage with halifax that was fixed for 5 years. When we took out the mortgage our first letter of offer was for a tracker but the fixed rate at the time was lower so we went with a fixed rate however the 2nd letter of offer said the fixed rate was for 2 years and then revert to a tracker but nowhere does it say anything about 5 years. I rang bank of scotland and they have to go to the archives to get our letter of offer. Our solictor who we dealt with has since passed away so im trying to find out how to contact who is in charge of all her paperwork etc. we took out our mortgage 8 years ago, i was cluelss back then and still am now so the questions im asking are.

1. When you get a letter of offer does your solictor get the same and you sign their copy or if we had gotten a 3rd letter of offer for 5 years fixed ( cannot remember ) would this be in the solictors office.

2. What would happen if they did overcharge us for 3 years?

Thanks in advance

The original offer that you signed is the one that counts. I'm confused though. Do you mean you fixed first time around for 5 years and then they sent a letter out offering you fixed for a further two years ?

Back