Things to do in Waterville

fobs

We have a holiday cottage booked for 3 days at the end of this month (29th-31st) in Waterville and looking for recomendations of places to eat out which are child friendly and also places of interest that are child friendly (4 children are all under age 4)

Waterville is a really lovely place. I am sure you will enjoy it.

It's a place that is well used to family tourism so all the restaurants will be child-friendly. That doesn't mean they will all have a children's menu, but I expect they will welcome you.

The restaurants I know of are;

The Smugglers, near the golf links, good sea food
Paddy Frogs (owned by a French man and his Irish Wife) on the way to the golf links,
The Huntsman in the village has a Value Menu of €25 (I think) before 7.30 pm.
The Skelligs Restaurant behind the Butler Arms Hotel does good sea food
The Butler Arms Hotel has a very good restaurant but it's expensive; they serve good lunch in the Fisherman's Bar which is on the main street;
The Lobster Bar does food also, I have never eaten there;
The Bayview Hotel is best avoided.

As regards things to do - well, the main attractions in Waterville are Golf and Fishing, neither of which would be of much interest to your 4-under-4.

There is a very nice beach at the golf links, but no lifeguard.

Ballinskelligs (15 mins away) has a lovely beach, as has Derrynane (25 mins away); both beaches have lifeguards in the summer.

The Aquadome is in Tralee, but that's a good drive away, well over an hour, I think.

Don't know where you are travelling from, but if you want directions from Dublin, let me know.

Hope you enjoy it, and I would be very interested to hear your views when you return.

Thanks for all the useful information Slash ...just what I ws looking for. I will report back on my return on how I found it. LOVE seafood so your suggestions will come in handy!

Back