Theres a house being raffled in Co. Waterford for €25 per ticket. T&C's? Legality

Thank you Robin Banks. I think you can't go wrong with 25 euro. I tried one last year in Co. Longford, maybe second time lucky!

I see Paypal have cut off his account. Hmmm, they normally do this when you don't have the correct paperwork to operate an account legally under some European Money Laundering protection law.

I see Paypal have cut off his account. Hmmm, they normally do this when you don't have the correct paperwork to operate an account legally under some European Money Laundering protection law.

I see he's back to the An Post route ....

[broken link removed]

Dunno think its worth a punt... fab house. how did you work out the answer Robin?

Convert the acreage of the total land to square feet and then subtract off each room size.

Im half inclined to buy a ticket but I really dont know if its a 'real' raffle!!

If one had suspicions about the legality/illegality of an internet raffle operation how would one go about reporting the matter to the authorities?

In such a case who would be the relevant authority? the Guards?

A friend told me that her friend had won a similar house in Donegal a few years ago in the same way, and there was no strings attached. I was wondering if it was a con but this one went exactly as stated and she has a beautiful house in Donegal to show for.

People think that just because a question is asked that this makes it a test of skill and brings it outside the gaming and lotteries act. This is not the case. The case law shows that once there is any element of chance it is not a game of skill but a lottery - AG v Healy 1972 IR 393

hello Robin banks, how did you come up with answer b 210,600 sq ft as the answer to the 25 euro house? on their website it state the house sits on 5 acres, which is 217, 800 sq ft.

please reply thanks

What is the Square feet of the land minus the total square feet of the house?

hello robin banks, thank you for reply. Maths was never my strong point. I think it is worth buying a ticket,you have saved me from buying a ticket with the wrong answer.

Hi all,new here, came across this searching Google. I was wondering if i was to sell key rings or some thing along those lines for 50 or 500 euro what ever the case may be. Then with every key ring you buy you would be entered into a free draw to win a house is that a way round all these laws.

Back