The Irish Times and Britain

Wahaay

What is it about the Irish Times and their obsession with Britain ?
Throughout the whole Brexit referendum they were apoplectic with rage that,in the year Ireland celebrated the 1916 Uprising,another country should wish to have a democratic vote on its sovereignty.
Barely a week goes by without some anti-British nonsense that,if it was about Ireland and printed in a British newspaper would brings howls of rage.
The latest attempt to stir up outrage where none exists is the usual suspect Fintan O'Toole encouraging readers to write polemics about what Britain means to them.
Ten readers responded with articles.
The below the line comments online drew just eight responses.
Full disclosure - I'm British and have lived in Ireland for 30 years and I can't remember the last time I encountered any anti-British sentiment.
Why does the Irish Times seek to find discontent where none exists ?

Last edited:
We must read very different Irish Times papers! To me they are contantly fawning over Britain and all things English in particular.
And this latest Fintan O'Toole led campaign is just another example of the IT expressing their love for our former rulers - thats how I interpreted it

Any newspaper in this republic which refers to the head of state of a different country as "The Queen" can't be accused of being too anti British.

Back