The cheapest PRSA?

Re: Key Post: The cheapest PRSA?

Don't depend on Irish Life or any other tied agent for independent, professional advice. They just want to sell you their own products. Get your own advice if necessary in order to determine the best options for your specific needs and circumstances.

Just to pick up on a question asked here last year on this thread which does not seem to be answered. What is now the cheapest PRSA on the market? I am particularly interested in the upfront fee monthly, typically 5%.

Slim

There are many threads/posts dealing with this. It's should be possible to pay a discount execution only broker a fixed fee of c. €100 to arrange a Standard PRSA with no per contribution charge and an annual management fee of 1%. It may be possible to get a slightly higher per contribution charge and a lower annual management charge. Juggling these can result in significantly different impacts of charges on performance. Obviously other factors (e.g. customer service, ease of administration, fund selection etc.) should also be taken into consideration.

ClubMan said:
It should be possible to pay a discount execution only broker a fixed fee of c. €100 to arrange a Standard PRSA with no per contribution charge and an annual management fee of 1%.
Where?

I've used LABrokers recently and was very happy with the results. Excellent value but you have to do all your own homework including getting the relevent forms from the life companies and filling them out.

darag said:
I've used LABrokers recently and was very happy with the results. Excellent value but you have to do all your own homework including getting the relevent forms from the life companies and filling them out.

I used LABrokers to set up my PRSA. They got the forms and emailed them to me - I just had to fill them in. Mind you I did have to do all the research myself as is the case with execution-only brokers.

You’re right about value, of course. I was charged a €90 execution-only fee. I get 100% allocations and 1% annual management fee. The savings on commissions vastly outweighs the €90 one-off fee.

SPM

Thanks SPM and darag.

Which providers did you go for and how did you decide?

oysterman said:
Which providers did you go for and how did you decide?

I went with Eagle Star because this is the provider that my employer has a salary deduction arrangement with.

SPM

I went with Standard Life because they had a broad range of passive funds and I'm a believer in the passive approach. There is a substantial thread on this, started by SPC100, here. It diverges a bit towards the end but the start gives what looks like a good summary of the options out there.

Have LABrokers stoped offering PRSAs? I was just looking at their site and couldn't see any info on them.

If LABrokers don't do this anymore. I still haven't found a way to avoid the 5% contribution for my Irish Life PRSA. It would make a big difference as I don't want to pay 5% on my SSIA roll-over. What can I do to to avoid the charge? My employer would withdraw payments if I chose other provider.
Fanny

Apart from the www.myadviser.ie 2% with Eagle Star offering are there any other PRSAs on offer out there with lower than 5% contribution charges?

Do any PRSAs offer less than the 1% anual management fee?

I'm really disappointed by the LABrokers offer not (seemingly) being available. I'm just starting to get my act together and start saving for a pension but find the whole thing quite hard to get my head around in terms of which company to go with. A list of the best PRSAs in the Best Buys section would be very helpful.

thanks for all help,
Kirian

Would anyone have/would like to contribute an upto date summary page on cheapest standard PRSA, through brokers and/or direct providers. See alot of posts but mostly from last year. there is alot of interest in this topic and a 1 page list as of may 06 in best buys would be useful. i have read through SPC's thread that mentions LAbrokers but recent replies suggest they don't have that offer still.
thanks in advance.

Why don't you kick it off?

We get loads of suggestions for threads here on AAM, but few offers of assistance.

I doubt much has changed since SPC undertook their research.

On the LA Brokers issue, have you contacted them directly to verify if what has been said recently holds true?

fair enough. i emailed LAbrokers earlier tonight. will update upon repsonse. had a quick look at myadviser, offer on their website with eagle star is mentioned (2 % contribution charge). theres's an online application form.

According to their website LABrokers no longer offer PRSAs. Instead, they have a link on their site directing you to MyAdviser.ie - where the best rates I've seen are 2% contribution and 1% annual management fee.

I've searched long and hard over the last month or so, and have found no-one who can/will beat that - quite a few have offered to match it, but none will beat either the contribution rate nor the management fee.

Back