"The Brothers" are back . . . on TPTV

trajan

That superb 1970s BBC series centred on a family haulage business is now being shown again on Talking Pictures TV (TPTV) - which is on the Astra 28.2 satellite. It's channel 105 on my box, not sure about yours.

A re-tune for TPTV channel may be needed since Tuesday 20th February as TPTV was lost somehow, at least to us here in mid-west.
An easy job for your local SatCity man.

Originally shown on Mondays, the TPTV people have realised we all still put in a long Monday shift and would struggle to make it home by 8 pm.

So it's been changed to Thursdays at 8 pm.

Class TV drama is timeless.

Last edited:
If you can't consistently (or ever!) make the Thursday 8 pm date for seeing The Brothers on TPTV, you can catch up by looking at the online channel for TPTV repeats, TPTV Encore.

The missed episode is kept for 1 week after its TPTV showing. so you can catch up at your own convenience.

It's all free viewing so you just register yourself on TPTV Encore (name, postcode, email + password), click on the confirmation link in the verification email and login on TPTV Encore again.

I think I'll be using this alternative online channel often as Thursday evenings have all sorts of other organizational meetings and things in my area.

Good spot, it is geo-blocked to UK and Ireland. There are some gems on that channel such as Maigret. It is a pity they don't have a replay app.

Back