Tele2 - are they any good?

onekeano

My elderly mother tells me she just signed up having been cold called by them. Just wondering if there are any comparisons with Eircom available (who she was with...)

Any help appreicated.

Roy

I'd say they are almost certainly cheaper than Eircom, so @I wouldnt worry too much. However I think theres a good deal at the moment with UTV- all local, national and UK calls up to an hour are free- you just pay the normal line rental and I checked line rates to France and US ( where we usually ring) and both are cheaper than Eircom, though the US calls are more expensive than Smart. Your mother will have the usual cooling off period- I think UTV is a good bet. BTW, I obviously have no connection with UTV!

Vanilla said:
I checked line rates to France and US ( where we usually ring) and both are cheaper than Eircom, though the US calls are more expensive than Smart.

Vanilla, you should be using Telestunt in conjunction with UTV - 1.2 cent per minute off peak to France and to the USA.

If there is no peak requirement, UTV combined with Telestunt is IMHO the best value (unless you go down the voip route www.blueface.ie where you can ditch line rental altogether and still have a local number - but you need to keep your broadband modem on all the time and if the internet connection goes your phone goes)

If you require peak the current offering from Eircom "talktime anytime" for 39 euro a month includes unlimited peak calls as well.

Thanks for the tip. I have printed off the list of numbers and will leave it beside the phone.

Vanilla said:
I have printed off the list of numbers

The only rate that is 1.2 cent off peak is the 1890-943123 number - be careful about dialling up any of the other numbers without being sure what rate they are!

Back