Tax clearance for additional income

JayJay

Hi,
Do all banks require evidence of tax clearance for additional income before giving out a mortgage? I have a side earner bringing in a small amount of extra cash. It shows up on my bank statement and the 2 banks I have tried both looked for tax clearance.
Is there any way around this?

Did they ask you specifically where that money came from or did you volunteer it ? Why not just say it was a lodgement from selling old attic items.

Selling old attic items though won't be considered a regular extra income, I presume applicant wants the income considered from a borrowing point of view. If not then that's fine but if you want it counted as income then yes I would imagine they would to see that it was above board. Non declared income in general won't be taken into account for a mortgage.

It's not that I want it considered in terms of ability to pay it back, I don't.
But they see transactions on my account and want me to prove that I have paid tax on the profit.
I didn't bring their attention to it, the underwriter spotted it on my bank statement.

It's not that I want it considered in terms of ability to pay it back, I don't.
But they see transactions on my account and want me to prove that I have paid tax on the profit.
I didn't bring their attention to it, the underwriter spotted it on my bank statement.

Pay whatever tax is due, and get tax clearance?!

Back