Switching councils

Twister

Hi

My Mother has just been approved for a 2 bed apt in Holywell, Swords for €170k. Is it wise to hold off and see how the current property storm pans out? She likes the house she was offered and is afraid if she declines she wont get anything as nice? Also, does anybody have any idea if it is possible to "switch" an approval from Fingal CC to Dublin CC

Thanks in advance

Hi

My Mother has just been approved for a 2 bed apt in Holywell, Swords for €170k. Is it wise to hold off and see how the current property storm pans out? She likes the house she was offered and is afraid if she declines she wont get anything as nice? Also, does anybody have any idea if it is possible to "switch" an approval from Fingal CC to Dublin CC

Thanks in advance

AF - I'd suggest to your mother...that she goes with her gut!! I did..very much so..got an offer, genuinely loved it............and here I am now!! - still loving it!!

Not too familiar with Swords area but €170k sounds to me to be a good price for 2 bed apt....friend of mine has been offered (currently) same property style for €285,500 kinda sorta city centre

As far as 'switching' goes, I always thought you could apply to multiple councils-----I perhaps may stand to be very corrected......

170 sounds a good price for sure. 1 bed apartments going for more than that on open market at the moment. I just did a search on daft for properties less than 200k and it brought up one result! 1 bed apartment - region 199,950. So I'd say your mum is getting a good one. I stand corrected as always.

Thanks for the replies guys

She does seem happy with the offer and she is 59 and isnt that concerned with clawback so perhaps it is the right thing to do, as I said €170,000 for an own door apartment isnt too bad even considering current climate.

Thanks again

Back