SW after travelling?

tannytantans

Hi everyone - first time posting here :) Had a quick search and couldn't find anything on this topic.

I've been travelling since October '08 and will return home in Dcember '09 and I'm wondering if I will be able to clain Jobseekers benefit? Couldn't find anything specififc about this on their website.

Prior to leaving Ireland I worked full time from October '07 to August '08 and part time for two years before this, never claimed social welfare before.

I'm hoping I won't be means tested as I'll be under 24 and living with my parents whn I return so I doubt I'd be eligible.

Would appreciate it if anyone could answer my question.

The sticky above has this info

How do I qualify for Jobseeker’s Benefit (‘stamps’) payment?

First of all, you must have 2 years PRSI paid: 104 weeks contributions. Then, you must have at least 39 weeks paid and/or credited in the governing year. In 2009, this is 2007. For every week that you work you get a 'paid' contribution. For every week you claim a Social Welfare payment you get a 'credited contribution. You must also be looking for full-time employment, as well as being capable of and available to work to claim Jobseeker's.

so you could be okay

Thanks for that - just hope I've the 104 weeks paid. Got a feeling I could be a few weeks off but fingers crossed!

Back