(SVR, interest only atm, with Bank of Scotland) Will they negotiate to buy out mortg?

L

last in

Guys

Just playing around with an idea in my head and maybe its crazy or can anybody think of a way it can work.

I have a house not my PPR but renting at the moment and the tenant wants to buy it. Outstanding mortgage of €225k (SVR, interest only atm, with Bank of Scotland) and I have agreed a selling price of around €280k or less (still in negotiations) but will come out ok. Anyway I have the possibility of getting the €225k and payoff the mortgage before I sell (parents money, long story and I don’t know would they give it me anyway to do this?) but I was thinking if I could approach the bank before the sale goes through and offer to pay off the mortgage at a discount, then sell the house and pay my parents back???

I know that PTSB are getting 10% so that’s the minimum I could expect and BOS are looking to get out of Ireland so I think my hand would be strong.

Any ideas, comments or maybe how I could approach the bank with a plan?

Thanks in advance
Last in

If it's an SVR anod not a tracker, Bank of Scotland have very little incentive to offer you any discount, other than running down their book of business here. The PTSB offer was for tracker mortgages only.

The PTSB deal was heavily publicised but there's also anecdotal evidence of banks negotiating bespoke deals with individual customers.

Contact BOS with a view to doing a deal. As Dave says, they're winding down their business so perhaps a deal might suit them. Don't obviously mention the potential sale - Just tell them you might have access to X (e.g. €200,000) and make the point that property values have collapsed and your property should prove difficult to sell. Sell the deal to them.

Back