Supposed to close sale, but it turns out seller hasn't bank's permission to sell

That is really wonderful news for you and your family. Enjoy your first Christmas in you new home.

AMAZING UPDATE!!

So I cancelled the house insurances and returned items to ikea, viewed other properties and even bid on one. Went to reapply for a higher mortgage in case we needed it. In a last ditch effort we bought the folio information from landdirect.ie and went into our local branch of their mortgage company to say we were going to pull out of sale. They didnt give us any info obviously and to be honest I don't know if it had any sway at all but out of the blue on monday evening we got a call from our solicitor to say the sale was going ahead. Apparently the vendor decided to lodge the funds to clear the residual balance.

To say we were amazed is putting it mildly. We closed this evening. Of course Estate Agents fecked off on their Christmas Holidays early today and the keys were in their office. So we paid a locksmith to get us in. Just didnt care at that stage.

Right upto the last second I didnt know which way it was going to go. We cannot believe our luck. Things just turned around for us out of the blue. Kind of feel bad now for hating so much on the vendors last week (but i was so angry!!). Miracles do happen!!

You have cheered me up no end with that. Delighted for you. That's been some wringer you've been through.

Merry Christmas in your new home. Wait till the sales to go back to Ikea ! you don't need stuff for a couple of days. The joy of being in will be enough.

(and thanks so much for coming back to tell us how it worked out)

Your user name is apt Joy. How about you tell us what work needs doing, your budget and let's see what house renovation ideas you get.

I have two 20 year old Ektorp couches from IKEA. I'm going to throw it out, and buy exactly the same ones again as they are perfect. January sales here I come. Comfortable and have withstood the kids and other animals fantastically. Even though the cover is cream coloured on one of them. You can wash them too.

What a lovely turnaround! Hope it's all working out now! (and you got the keys!)

Back