stopped by guards: What is the fine for illegal numberplates?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: stopped by guards

blueshoes said:
well oasis.gov should update there website and stop giving people wrong information.
Where is the incorrect info on OASIS? This presumably was not the reason that you specifically acted in such a way as to fall foul of the law? Why not contact OASIS pointing out their alleged errors to them?

Original question (in my own words):

Is €1,500 the correct fine for having illegal non-standard number plates?

Based on the Revenue link that Keyzer Soze posted, the answer is no, the correct fine for having illegal non-standard number plates is €1,265.

CCOVICH said:
Based on the Revenue link that Keyzer Soze posted, the answer is no, the correct fine for having illegal non-standard number plates is €1,265.
Oasis says the .

Take heart, blueshoes — just two more posts and you'll be licenced to Let Off Steam... :rolleyes:

blueshoes said:
Keizer Soze that €1,265 actually has a euro symbol before if you had bothered to look at it in which case its not €1,500

Where did I say it was €1,500??

I wonder if the €1,500 Garda fine is in addition to the maximum €1,265 fine that can be levied by the Revenue Commissioners? Or are the Gardai acting as agents of of the Revenue and 'misquoting' the offendant?

The Gardaí don't set fines, they just issue them. Maybe the Garda in question was distracted by blueshoes' jazzy plates (or something) and got his migures fuddled?

As far as i know - you'd be summonsed for having illegal number plates.

It's then up to the judge to impose a fine of up to 1265 - for example, it could depending on what you earn.

blueshoes said:
Keizer Soze that €1,265 actually has a euro symbol before if you had bothered to look at it in which case its not €1,500

hey???

I think this thread has outlived its usefulness and am closing it. The OP's question has been answered, whether to his satisfaction or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back