stamp duty for first time buyers

darranstore

confused....
i have recently sale agreed on a house about 2 weeks ago, it hasnt got to legal yet tho on its way. it is a second hand property and cost more than 317,500 and im a first time buyer...do with the elections does anyone know where i stand with the stamp?

FF said no stamp duty for FTB's. This is you. They are back dating the Stamp Duty to April the 30th ( would have to check this date )

It looks like you'll be a big winner assuming the promise is kept (famous last words!)

see that what i was thinking !!! actually when i sale agreed on it i only did so assuming that stamp duty was going to got rid of anyway as i dont have it to pay;) prefare to spent it on a new kitchen !

That's a pretty big assumption to make! What will you do if Bertie doesn't keep his promise???? :confused:

I thought he meant he didn't have it to pay AT ALL. If he's just got it earmarked for something else that's not so bad.

with the elections looming and no one knowing what was going to happen with the stamp it was a good time to go in with a well below asking offer on a pad which i did and sale agreed on hoping that i wouldnt have to pay the stamp as a first time buyer. which hopefully has worked out.... id be sick handing over the stamp tho if it needs to be done il do it and but that kitchen on hold :confused: but ive a good feeling about it .... keep the aul fingers crossed

Hi, I also have gone sale agreed on a house which is over the 381,000 and I am desperately hoping Bertie keeps to his promises otherwise I could lose my potential first home! I definitely cannot afford to pay 6% stamp duty! I am also a first time buyer.. Does anyone know when it will kick in? I am thinking I should not sign contracts until after the 30th Dail has commenced. I also rang the Fianna Fail press office before the Election and they told me the stamp duty would be back dated to April 30th.

Back