Solicitors re probate

grass

When applying for probate through solicitors, do statements from financial institutions have to be included in application?
I'm having issues with my solicitors, application was supposedly put forward last October, and today I was told, they now have all statements etc gathered, so now can proceed with application for probate...
Now I'm totally lost, and waiting on a return phone call from solicitors..
Can anyone please advise of process?

When the solicitor submits the return to the Probate Office, they would need to have statements to back up the amounts they are submitting

So they can not submit the return to the probate Office until they have gathered documents certifying the value of the assets on the form - be they bank accounts, savings accounts, property

Thank you jpd, is the 'return' an additional form that follows on from the initial probate application?
It's really a question on timeframe, this initially started last October with application, then today I was told they can now proceed as they have gathered all information..
This seems a very long time ?

There is only one submission to the Probate Office although the Probate Office may have queries on the submission

When you say "this initially started last October with application" - what does that mean - it could be that is when the solicitor started collecting information to make the submission and not the date of the actual submission

I made a personal application for probate as an executor.

One of the biggest delays was actually around getting what I needed from her bank. All other institutions were fairly prompt.

It is as others above have said. The solicitor making the application must have the vouching documentation before lodging the application otherwise the Probate Office will raise queries and that may slow up the process.

So here we are, (over a year later from my original post) and 2years since probate was submitted and granted (1yr ago), still waiting to settle....

Apparently, the delay is State Savings'... according to solicitors, they are very slow to pay out .

Does anyone know, can I ring An Post state savings and enquire, even though solicitors are 'dealing' with it?

OMG waiting all that time !!
My question is how long does it take for the Solicitor to release the funds form a estate that has sold. Probate granted 6 weeks ago. All paperwork in order and keys passed over December 19th ? Solicitor has not answered any emails and when my sister or brother ring as executors he is not in or with a client . I cannot ring because I am not an executor but all we want is when will the account be closed ? and estate distributed ?

OMG waiting all that time !!
My question is how long does it take for the Solicitor to release the funds form a estate that has sold. Probate granted 6 weeks ago. All paperwork in order and keys passed over December 19th ? Solicitor has not answered any emails and when my sister or brother ring as executors he is not in or with a client . I cannot ring because I am not an executor but all we want is when will the account be closed ? and estate distributed ?
Is the solicitor based near to the solicitor? I find that turning up with a laptop, power cable and flask and being happy to wait in the waiting room for the day in case they have a gap often does the trick. Stinky sandwiches on Day 2.

Back