Solicitor Fees Conveyancing

Redback

Hi

I am selling a property with a value of 210,000 Euros and hoping to purchase a property for 400,000 Euros.

What type of fees are involved and how much should I expect to pay?

From my research it seems to me that I need to have obtained the following documentation before proceeding with the sale:
i) Accountable Trust Receipt form - to enable my solicitor to acquire my property deeds from the bank;
ii) BER Cert;
iii) Local Property Tax - proof of payment; and
iv) Non Principal Private Residence (Cert of Exemption/Cert of Discharge as relevant).

Am I missing anything?

You need to have the house you are selling certified, certificate of compliance with planning/ building regs where appropriate. You will also need certificate of discharge frim Irish Water and a certificate of discharge for the household charge as well as print offs to show all payments for the local property tax. I went through the process recently, I thought getting all the documentation together for the NPPR a nightmare.

you have two transactions, so pencil in around €2500 plus outlays plus VAT. Ask your solicitor in advance and if not happy with his/her price, then shop around. Keep us posted!

I'm in a similar situation. I've had quotes from 4 solicitors. Cheapest quote so far was just over 1300 to sell (900 + outlays) and just over 2000 to buy (900 + outlays). Dont forget stamp duty of 4000 on your purchase.

The dearest quote was my own solicitor at 1500 + outlays.

Back