Smurfit School of Business 2.1(2.2?)

dinny1980

Hello

I am looking at Masters courses in the Smurfit School of Business. As part of the criteria, they have down 2.1 in previous 3rd level degree. I got a 2.2.

Just checking to see, would they accept people with 2.2s?

I imagine if you are going directly from a primary degree to a master's degree the marks issue will have more effect.

If however you have a few years relevant experience in between, then they are more likely to overlook the 2.2

I would apply anyway!

Definitely apply, nothing to lose. For whatever reason they may overlook it, they mightn't have enough applications, they they might deem you to have done well enough in relevant subject.

I think an email to the place in question would elicit an answer faster and more accurately than posting here - with due deference to the other posters.

Hello

I am looking at Masters courses in the Smurfit School of Business. As part of the criteria, they have down 2.1 in previous 3rd level degree. I got a 2.2.

Just checking to see, would they accept people with 2.2s?

Hi there, I know this is an old post. I am currently in the same boat, I have a conditional offer for a masters in Smurfit on condition that I receive a 2:1. I am awaiting for my exam results but have a feeling that I may get a 2:2.

I am wondering if you had any luck obtaining a place in smurfit with a 2:2 grade?

Thanks,

Rachael

Hi there, I know this is an old post. I am currently in the same boat, I have a conditional offer for a masters in Smurfit on condition that I receive a 2:1. I am awaiting for my exam results but have a feeling that I may get a 2:2.

I am wondering if you had any luck obtaining a place in smurfit with a 2:2 grade?

Thanks,

Rachael
The OP last posted on this site 6 years ago Rachael...

Back