slow housing sales was in our favour

Status
Not open for further replies.

edenjohnny

After seven months we had an offer on our house. It was an investor with no chain attached, and can move straight away. Albeit e85000 below our original asking price OUCH!! But on the plus side, We have beeen negotiating very slowly on a cottage and 19 .5 acres since 3 months. We offered 150000 below the asking price, and low and behold finally went sale agreed yesterday on both properties and the farm came in at e120 less than the asking price. which was only e80000 more than our box on southside. Did We do alright or What. I thiink We did, what does anyone think. The Slow Housing Market did work in our favour.

After seven months we had an offer on our house. It was an investor with no chain attached, and can move straight away. Albeit e85000 below our original asking price OUCH!! But on the plus side, We have beeen negotiating very slowly on a cottage and 19 .5 acres since 3 months. We offered 150000 below the asking price, and low and behold finally went sale agreed yesterday on both properties and the farm came in at e120 less than the asking price. which was only e80000 more than our box on southside. Did We do alright or What. I thiink We did, what does anyone think. The Slow Housing Market did work in our favour.

Well done.

After seven months we had an offer on our house. It was an investor with no chain attached, and can move straight away. Albeit e85000 below our original asking price OUCH!!

How much did you pay for the house and when did you buy it ?

Hi, demoivre , we bought the southside house 20 years ago for 32000£ mortgage is paid off, hee hee. sold for 550,000 is that a good profit?

The profit bit is relative becasue your new property cost a lot more as well.

Looks like property is on the move again after the election.

Well done on your sale and purchase. Make sure that your contract to purchase the farm has a clause that it's conditional on the sale of the house going through, investor or not you never know. Better to be sure than sorry.

Hi, demoivre , we bought the southside house 20 years ago for 32000£ mortgage is paid off, hee hee. sold for 550,000 is that a good profit?

Ah that puts a different perspective on things. That's what is important, the selling price relative to the buying price. There are still many out there who just don't seem to get that point though. [broken link removed] ([broken link removed]) to see what I mean - it makes me lol to see the efforts that people will go to to propagate negativity - it just wouldn't look the same if you were to have forums dedicated to recording " Profits/losses made on property in Dublin south " etc.

well any way I may be paying more for the farm, but I am getting 19 croke parks for a garden.

Well done on your sale and purchase. Make sure that your contract to purchase the farm has a clause that it's conditional on the sale of the house going through, investor or not you never know. Better to be sure than sorry.

Where did you get that nugget? Any back up, any explanation? Or is it just your intuition?

..have seen just a couple of Sale Agreed signs popping up in the last couple of weeks alright.... not sure whether things are on the move as much as before though

I don't really see any worthwhile question being asked in this thread-see here for an explanation of why this thread is being locked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back