Sky Package

mickeyg

I am unfortunately pretty ignorant on these matters and would like some help here as I think I am being totally overpriced by Sky for the package I have.
I wonder if I could have some feedback from one of you knowledgeable folks on the following Sky package I am on:
Variety €55, Multi (2 x TVs) €16, Broadband €13€13, Talk €30. Altogether €114 per month!
Is there better value out there - I have a feeling I am being taken for a ride!

bonkers.ie is pretty good, but you really need to know exactly what you do want and do not want.

I've been with Sky for years. Every year I phone them up and tell them I'll leave unless they reduce the price. I used to really haggle with them, pretending I was really going to leave when I wasn't. Now I just tell them their prices are too high and I want them reduced. They always give me about 20% -25% off for 12 months. I'll phone them up again when the current discount runs its term. They are quite happy to give you a few quid off to keep you as a customer.

Steven
www.bluewaterfp.ie

I did that too but got sick of it and of the repeats.

I cancelled last November and I've been SKY free since ... best decision I've made in a long time.

I'm reading a lot more books - and they're cheaper on the pocket too!

The cancelled direct debit is now paying half my health insurance every month.

I still have RTE etc. (via saorview) and tv series/movies via the net.

I don't watch tv programmes much, I much prefer netflix. It's the sports that keeps me with them. I have sky sports and BT (free with Eir).

Ring up and threaten to cancel. You will be GUARANTEED an offer of less than you are paying now to stay. I do it all the time when my Sports or HD offer runs out. The sport in particular I will cancel let it expire and when I go on to the Sky website, there will be an offer. Currently paying €7.50 for the HD (50% off) and €22 for the Sports when full price is €40. These offers expire in May and I have a note in my calendar to ring 30 days in advance. If their offer is not good enough I cancel the service giving the requisite 30 days notice.

Back